The Hellenic Competition Commission
The Hellenic Competition Commission is an independent Administrative Body that enjoys administrative and financial autonomy.
The result of these interventions is the direct or indirect consumer protection and the strengthening of the Greek economy.
The main purpose of the HCC is to maintain and / or restore a healthy competitive market structure, which is mainly achieved through the fight against cartels, the prior control of mergers and the intervention against private (but also public) companies in the market which abuse their dominant position.
For this purpose, the HCC applies the national legislation for the protection of free competition (law 3959/2011) and the articles 101 & 102 TFEU.
Get to know the Hellenic Competition Commission
Inquiries, Initiatives & Investigations
- Sustainability Sandbox
- Market Investigation in the Press Distribution Sector
- Market Investigation in the Construction Sector
- Sector inquiry into basic consumer goods
- Sector inquiry into e-commerce
- Sector inquiry into Fintech
- Sector inquiry into Waste Management
- Sector inquiry into Health Services
- Competition Law & Sustainability
- Computational Competition Law and Economics